After mapping your pathways, it is important to understand how the pathway is working in terms of service data. These are some of the questions you might want to address:
- How does the pathway impact on patient outcomes?
- Does the structure of the pathway enable us to meet basic standards around access and waiting times?
- Is it an efficient system?
- Does the way the pathway functions put pressure on any particular parts of the system, e.g. primary care or education?
- What do children, young people and parents think of the way the system currently works?
- Are there any parts of the pathway that have unintended consequences, such as children and young people receiving poor care?
Tools to support quantitative data collection:
Please contact the i-THRIVE team at email@example.com for suggested data collection proformas and approaches.