Finally, it is important to understand how the pathway is working in terms of service data. These are some of the questions you might want to address:
- Are there areas that have particular issues with waiting lists, high demand, or referrals?
- Are there areas that have a particular problem with staffing?
- How are each parts of the system financed?
- Is there a mismatch between financing and demand or need?
- Is there a way that finances could be distributed differently within the system to deliver improved outcomes?
- Can we resource preventative care and still meet demand and deliver improved outcomes for those with mental health problems now?
We will be adding useful tools to support data collection soon.