To enable children, young people and their families to self manage and feel confident accessing risk support rather than active interventions, professionals need to understand how to support them to self manage and self care, when appropriate. The ‘Supporting Children, Young People and their Families to Self Manage and Self Care’ will address the following learning points:
- What is self management and self care?
- When are these appropriate treatment options?
- What’s the relationship between self management and ongoing intervention?
- What’s the role of mental health services and professionals in supporting self management and self care?
- What’s the role of children and young people and their support systems?
The i-THRIVE Academy is funded by Health Education England